If you’re like me, you’re sitting on pounds of leftover turkey and looking for a fresh way to make use of it all. Savour Winnipeg has you covered. We’ve rounded up a remedy for that tired old turkey casserole with a series of refreshing recipes for those lovely leftovers.
- 1/2 lb of leftover turkey (white or dark meat)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL)all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken stock
- 1 potato, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, heat butter and cook onion, celery and carrot for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add flour. Mix and cook for 1 minute to get rid of that raw flour flavour, then add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add turkey, potato, corn, thyme and bay leaf. Cook on low heat 15 minutes longer, or until potato is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste. Optionally garnish with cilantro.