This recipe from the latest edition of the Manitoba Canola Producers Newsletter was perfectly times with Savour’s summertime tribute to all things grilled and barbequed.
Instead of your regular pork loin roast, liven things up a bit with this Moroccan inspired roast! Recipe courtesy of Manitoba Pork Council, it can be found in their Grilling Guide available at your local butcher.
- 1 boneless Canadian pork loin roast, 3lb/ 1.5 kg (1 )
- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 1 lemon, juice only (1 )
- 1 small onion, minced (1 )
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (5 mL)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (5 mL)
- 1 tsp ground brown sugar (5 mL)
- 1 tsp ground salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes (2 mL)
Pierce pork roast all over with a fork and place in a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients. Pour over roast. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator 8-24 hours. Remove roast from marinade; discard marinade. Place pork on a small rimmed baking tray. Grill over indirect heat until meat thermometer reaches 155°F (68°C), 1-1¼ hours. Remove roast from barbecue, cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.