- Canola oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 tortillas (preferably corn)
- 3/4 all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless halibut filets, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- Heat 3 inches veg oil in medium pot over medium-low heat (375 degrees). Toss lettuce, cilantro, lime juice, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet over medium-low heat or wrap in damp cloth and microwave 25 seconds. Wrap in towel to keep warm.
- Mix flour, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste in shallow bowl. Dredge fish in flour mixture, then fry in batches until golden and just cooked through (2-3 mins). Transfer to paper towel to drain. Season with salt.
- Half, pit and slice avocado. Fill tortillas with fish, avocado, slaw and salsa. Serve with lime wedges and favourite hot sauce.