Beaujena’s is well-known for their exquisite wine pairings and un-published menus. Now they’re flipping everything on its end with the announcement of a November 14 Scotch Tasting evening with the following menu:
- Blue cheese and mushroom crostini – just the thing to get your taste buds fired up.
- Quinoa aranchini – perhaps a bit Italian for the occasion but delicious none the less.
- Scotch egg – classic Scottish cuisine – a boiled egg encased in sausage meat and deep fried.
- Bacon squared – braised pork belly wrapped in apricots and bacon with roasted garlic and balsamic gastrique.
- Haggis – not the awful described in Robbie Burns’ drunken ode but a modern and delicious interpretation of the most famous Scottish sausage.
- Chocolate pecan tarte.
For the prix fixe price of $35 you’ll enjoy pairings of 6 different Scotch whiskies.
Space is limited. For reservations call 204-233-4841 or email beaujena at shaw dot ca