Food Trends 2016
I’m not a fan of food fads but good food will always be in fashion.
Nevertheless, The National Restaurant Association has released results of its 2016 Top Restaurant Menu Trends survey.
But it’s always fun to see which ones we’re embracing, which ones were never out of style, and which ones we’re years behind on (food trucks, for instance).
Not to give anything away or surprise anyone, but local sourcing and environmental sustainability remain hot trends. Her’s the full list:
Top 20 food trends for 2016:
1. Locally sourced meats and seafood
2. Chef-driven fast-casual concepts
3. Locally grown produce
4. Hyper-local sourcing
5. Natural ingredients/minimally processed food
6. Environmental sustainability
7. Healthful kids’ meals
8. New cuts of meat
9. Sustainable seafood
10. House-made/artisan ice cream
11. Ethnic condiments/spices
12. Authentic ethnic cuisine
13. Farm/estate branded items
14. Artisan butchery
15. Ancient grains
16. Ethnic-inspired breakfast items
17. Fresh/house-made sausage
18. House-made/artisan pickles
19. Food waste reduction/management
20. Street food/food trucks
No comments yet.