Will a new granola belt bakery win the hearts of its West End and Wolseley neighbours with a sticky bun revolution?
Opening January 29 in the so called suspenders of the granola belt, (between Lipton and Banning) Jonnies Sticky Buns boasts cinnamon fresh ground daily.
With a range of recipes crafted over generations (and in some cases the last few weeks) owners Jon McPhail Jon and Rheanna Melnick will riff on the basic idea of a cinnamon bun to create some truly unique options including:
- The Leroy – a straight up no frills giant cinnamon bun on white dough.
- The Classic – with and without raisins
- The Chocolate Chunk – made with sweet whole wheat dough.
- The Dharma – a vegan, spelt, whole wheat delight using date sugar and prunes as natural sweeteners.
- Gluten Free – a soft chewy vegan friendly bun made with a blend of quinoa and tapioca flour
There will also be Thursday to Saturday specials including Herb & Cheese, Apple Crisp, Caramel Rosemary, Carrot Ginger, BananaNut and a Breakfast Bun that’s full of bacon, maple syrup and baked apples.