Chef Terry Geretta of Mise Bistro shared this recipe at the MLCC chef series course I attended. It’s an easy to make and crowd pleasing appy I’ve served to many friends over the years:
- 6 oz beef tenderloin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- Salt & pepper
- Corn starch
1. Julienne beef tenderloin and season with salt and pepper. Toss in a small bowl with corn starch. Shake off excess.
2. Deep fry or sautee strips until crispy. Set aside & rest.
3. In a saucepan heat the honey and pureed chipotle over high until bubbling. Reduce heat and add beef. cook over low, stiring until beef is completely covered.
* Double the chipotle puree if you like heat. These can be found in ethnic and specialty food stores as well as the Mexican foods section of most grocery stores (I’ve found them in Sobeys etc).