Rice Paper Rolls with Sweet Soy
Chef Terry Geretta of Mise Bistro shared this recipe at the MLCC chef series course I attended. It’s an easy to make and crowd pleasing appy I’ve served to many friends over the years:
- Rice Paper Wrappers
- Chow Mein noodles (prepared)
- Fine julienned carrot
- Fine julienned red bell pepper
- Fine julienned green bell pepper
- 100ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
1. Soak rice paper wrappers briefly in warm water for about 20 seconds. Place on tea towel to absorb excess water they lay on work surface.
2. Place some of the vegetables and noodles in the centre. Add pinch of cilantro.
3. Carefully fold the rice paper wrapper over the filling. Fold in sides, then roll the wrapper into a cigar.
4. Slice roll in half on the bias and stack one across the other. Top with candied beef strips.
5. Mix soy and honey together & drizzle over.
No comments yet.