- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- to tastesalt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (250 ml) roasted red peppers*, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) diced cooked turkey
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Lightly oil a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil and saute Italian seasoning for 1 minute to release the flavour. Add mushrooms and onions and saute until golden. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper until foamy. Stir in mushroom and onion mixture, cheeses, red peppers and turkey.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Source: Manitoba Turkey Producers