- 1 lb (500 g) cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked black or kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup (250 ml) corn niblets
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) red onion, slivered
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) mild or medium salsa
- Combine all salad ingredients except lettuce; toss and chill.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise and cumin; chill.
- At serving time, line plates with lettuce or coarsely shredded lettuce and divide among 4 plates. Spoon turkey mixture onto lettuce; garnish with tortilla chips, tomato and parsley or cilantro.
- Mix dressing and salsa together and serve on side or spoon dressing and salsa separately on top of turkey salad.
Source: Turkey Farmers of Canada