- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 pieces Focaccia bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 slices leftover roast turkey breast
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- For salsa, in medium bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, green onion, basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Slice Focaccia in half horizontally. Spread mayo on top and bottom halves. Arrange lettuce on bottom, then top with layers of turkey and cheese. Dress with salsa, top with Focaccia and cut sandwich to desired serving size.
Source : National Turkey Federation.